Friday, March 14, 2008

Inside Outside Upside Down

I’m writing a lecture right now that I’ll be presenting to a local rotary club next week, and at first I thought to talk about the lists of things we can do... the 50 ways to save the planet according to Deborah.

But as I mediated on it, I thought “You know, if I only have this one time to present to these people ...if I were to never lecture again, what would be the one thing I say?" Knowing if I never got a chance again to say anything then I better make it good.

So... I’ve decided to talk about our crazy upside down world that’s unfolding...peak oil is here, the recession we've been expecting is here, the war in Iraq is in it's 5th year and Iran is about to get a a big US Welcome, fisheries are collapsing, and on and on...in a handful of years, our world won't be recognizable.

The most important thing for all of us to do is to get ready for this upside down world... die or evolve... which do you want cause you better start now.
d

No comments: